Policies Regarding the Protection of Personal Data
X PLUS COMPANY LIMITED (henceforth referred to as “Company”, “our”, “we”) carries out the planning, development, production and selling of fashion and lifestyle goods, figures, video game software and contributes to the regional community. We have established information protection policies which protect the rights and interests of individuals while taking into consideration the usefulness of Personal Data. Our board of directors as well as employees shall carry out these policies in good faith when providing its wide range of products and services.
The term “Personal Data” used in these policies refers information such as names, identification numbers, location data, online identifiers or identifiers such as characteristics of individual or multiple customers that can be used to identify you directly or indirectly.
With regards to the controller of Personal Data, under the General Data Protection Regulation (henceforth referred to as "GDPR"), this Company is responsible for the websites of this Company which includes http://www.xplus.co.jp, http://www.ric-toy.ne.jp, http://andorb.com, http://ric-toy.com (henceforth referred to as "our websites").
Regarding Our Data Confidentiality Policies
- 1. We will collect, use and provide Personal Data as appropriate according to the content of the business and scale.
- 2. We will specify the purposes for using Personal Data and adopt appropriate methods which ensure that the use of Personal Data will not deviate from those purposes.
- 3. We will adhere to the laws, policies established by government as well as other government ordinates related to the use of Personal Data.
- 4. We will establish a security management system that prevents the leakage, loss, erasure or damage of Personal Data. Additionally, we will prepare appropriate means of correcting or preventing incidences related to Personal Data.
- 5. We will make a representative available who will respond to disclosure requests, inquiries as well as issues regarding Personal Data.
- 6. We will inspect and make appropriate improvements to the information security management system.
What information do we collect?
The following is the Personal Data that we collect from you as well as the methods used to collect Personal Data related to you.
- ・Personal Data that you provide to us.
There are cases where you may provide Personal Data including your name and contact information by filling out forms, responding to us by mail, telephone, electronic mail, etc.. Whenever you make an inquiry regarding our products and services, register to use said products, subscribes to our publications, requests the sending of advertisements or sends feedback, the Personal Data that you provide is included.
- ・Personal Data collected by us.
Similar to many other websites, our websites use technology known as "Cookies" which further improves the easy-of-use of our websites for you.
Cookies are small pieces of data stored on your computer hard drive or cellular telephone devices as files which are transmitted between a web server and your web browser.
- ・So you do not need to enter your password every time you use a service.
- ・So you can receive personalized experiences on our websites and services.
- ・To help us analyze and understand your behaviors when using our services
You can disable cookies through your browser settings. However, please be aware that you may not be able to use a portion of our services by doing so. For more information regarding our policies, please refer to Policies Regarding Cookies.
Why do we process information?
We will use your Personal Data for the following purposes.
- ・To identify you;
- ・To answer your questions and provide relevant customer support;
- ・To detect and prevent fraud and other crimes involving money;
- ・To monitor and safeguard the information, systems as well as our networks;
- ・To conduct research, product development and improvements for the purpose of internal operations research;
- ・To inform your of any updates to our websites and services;
- ・To promote sales and carry out business activities, provide and advertise sales related information to you;
- ・To provide content originating from our websites to you and the your computer in the most effective way possible;
- ・To provide content based on your interests;
- ・To allow you to search for information on our websites;
- ・To research your needs and interests in order to provide suitable offers and/or advertisements to you;
- ・To make improvements to our websites.
We may send e-mails regarding announcements about our services, features, research, news, sales promotions, content and events. You can choose not to receive these e-mails. We may use a third party service to send e-mails or ensure smooth communication with you. We may provide information such as your e-mail address to third party service providers solely for the purpose of ensuring smooth communication.
Who do you provide information to?
We keep your Personal Data strictly confidential. In order to regulate the policies related to the protection of this Personal Data, we can provide your Personal Data to the following parties:
- ・Companies affiliated with us;
- ・Our special advisors such as auditors, accountants and lawyers;
- ・・To companies which provide services that assist us in our business operations such as data storage, maintenance services, database management, web analysis and payment procedures;
- ・A third party chosen by us to sell, transfer or merge those business operations or a portion of our property or the target company which we have purchased or merged with. In the event that there are any changes to our business operations, the new owner of your Personal Data shall use Personal Data in the same way as stated in policies related to the protection of this Personal Data.
We may disclose your Personal Data in order to comply with court summons or similar court procedures in order to protect our rights, protect the safety of our customers as well as others, investigate fraud, comply with requests by the government or third parties after receiving prior consent from you, unless notifying you is prohibited by law, and deems it necessary to disclose Personal Data in good faith.
We require all third parties to handle your Personal Data safely and treat it in accordance with the law. We will not allow third party service providers to use your Personal Data for their own purposes, and will only allow your Personal Data to be used for purposes specified by us or in order to follow instructions given by us. If the Personal Data of an individual based in Europe is provided to a third party located in a non-European country and has not been fully recognized by the European Commission, we will rely on safeguards such as the European Commission-approved Standard Contractual Clauses and EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Frameworks to transfer the data.
We are an international corporate group with our headquarters based in Japan. Moreover, we are using third party service providers from various countries for services such as cloud services, web hosting, help desk software and payment processing. Customer information will be moved outside of the European Economic Area and stored or processed in other countries (including Japan, Singapore and North America) as part of managing our business. By using our websites, your are agreeing to your Personal Data being moved to these locations. If Personal Data is transferred from the European Economic Area to a country that has not been fully recognized by the European Commission, we will rely on appropriate safeguards such as the European Commission-approved Standard Contractual Clauses and EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Frameworks to transfer the data.
How long will my information be stored?
Your Personal Data will be stored in a format that allows you to be identified as long as that period does not exceed the period required for processing Personal Data. In order to perform obligations as required by law, resolve any disputes as well as to enforce any agreements or exercise its rights, we will use our your Personal Data as necessary, or if it is not reasonably possible to take it to a different location. In all other cases, we will try to delete your Personal Data within a reasonable amount of time after a request has been made.
Our websites use SSL in order to secure Personal Data. If you accesses our websites, inputs Personal Data which includes your name and e-mail address using browsers that support security features and this information is transmitted to our servers, this information is automatically encrypted by a third party when sent and received by the servers. As a result, there is no cause for concern that this content can be stolen even if the transmitted data is intercepted by someone.
If the you use a browser which does not support SSL, you will either not be able to access our websites or enter information.
Rights to Confidentiality within Europe
Applies Only to Those Residing in Europe
We will collect and process your Personal Data as long as there is a legal basis for processing under data protection laws, including GDPR. This legal basis depends on the reason under which we will process Personal Data. We will collect and use your Personal Data in the following situations.
- ・When required for providing services, including the operation of our websites, customer support, provide products to your specifications and ensuring the security and protection of our websites;
- ・When required for inspection, development, sales and promotions on our websites and legal benefits such as the protection of our legal rights and interests.
- ・When you have consented to the collection and use for the purpose of identifying you, or
- ・When we are required to process your Personal Data in order to comply with legal obligations.
Even if you have consented to the use of your Personal Data for the purpose of identifying you, you reserve the right to change your mind at any time.
We can use the your e-mail to send newsletters and/or sales promotions. We will request your consent under law when the you first provide us your Personal Data. You can choose to opt-out of e-mails via the unsubscribe link found in our e-mails or contact us through the Contact pages on our websites.
In certain circumstances, you possess rights to your own Personal Data under GDPR. However, as for the right to keep this data confidential, GDPR does not apply to us when processing your data as the party which processes your data. In which case, please exercise your right to keep your data confidential in Europe as our customer (i.e. Data Controller).
- ・Requests for access to Personal Data.
You may have the right to request access to any Personal Data held by us as well as related information, including the purposes of processing the Personal Data, the recipients of Personal Data or the scope of recipients, and where possible, the duration for which the Personal Data will be stored, the sources of Personal Data and whether or not there are automated decision-making systems.
- ・Requests to correct Personal Data.
You may have the right to correct any incorrect Personal Data of yours held by us without any unreasonable delay.
- ・Requests to delete Personal Data.
You may have the right to request that your Personal Data be deleted.
- ・Requests to restrict the processing of your of Personal Data.
You may have the right to prohibit or restrict the processing of your Personal Data.
- ・Requests to transfer Personal Data.
When technologically possible, you may have the right to have your Personal Data transferred to a direct third party.
You may have the right to file a grievance with the GDPR if they feel that we are not adhering to the policies related to this Personal Data or obligations under the GDPR.
If you have any questions regarding the policies pertaining to the protection of Personal Data or the execution of those policies, please contact us via the Contact pages on our websites.
Changes to Basic Policies
These policies may be revised due to changes to our information management practices. If there are any major revisions, you will be notified through our websites before these revisions take effect. Please regularly refer to this page for any new information pertaining to our Personal Data protection practices.
Takao Ohashi, X PLUS COMPANY LIMITED President & CEO